Why does WOR need my personal information?
In order to provide our users with personalized, relevant, and intelligent service, WOR regularly makes improvements to the Site. The collection of personal data greatly assists WOR in this improvement process by identifying the interests and needs of the many users to this Site. Data collection also assists WOR by allowing it and its affiliates to advertise its products and/or services in a more efficient manner. Through the use of "cookies"(as described below) and online data entry, survey product purchase and registration forms, WOR may collect and/or monitor, in aggregate and individual form, personal identifying facts or data from our users. WOR gathers most of this personal information on the Site during an initial voluntary user registration process. Accordingly, users can determine to a large extent what information they wish to submit on a voluntary basis to the Site. WOR occasionally asks users for personal information at other times, including when users complete optional survey forms or fill out optional contact forms for additional information on particular products and services. Although WOR's primary goals in collecting personal information is to deliver a customized and personalized service to you, WOR may also use the personal information it collects to (i) send users email notification of new features or information available through the Site or that WOR otherwise feels it might be of interest to the users of this Site and (ii) allow third party advertisers and retailers, and their affiliates, offering goods or services that the WOR thinks might be of interest to users of this Site to deliver to you relevant information and offers. WOR also collects IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes, and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and others.
Use of "Cookies"
Although most web browsers are initially set up to acept cookies, if you prefer, you may decline the placement of a cookie on your hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of your web browser sofware (if available) to delete the cookie. You should understand, however, that certain areas within this Site may not function properly if the web browser will not accept cookies.
What about external web sites?
What does WOR do to keep this Site secure?
WOR has implemented a number of security features throughout the Site designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. For example, WOR grants access to any stored personal information collected on the Site on its users only to authorized personnel. Moreover, when a user registers online or accesses his or her account information through this Site, the user has the ablity to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information a user inputs before it is sent to WOR.
Please be advised, however, that although WOR has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site for its users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from WOR via this Site or email cannot be guaranteed. When disclosing any personal information, all users should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without user consent. Accordingly, users should consider carefully if they want to submit sensitive information that they would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that their use of the internet and this Site is solely at their own risk. Users, alone, are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their personal information. WOR has no responsibilty or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the internet. WOR urges all of the Site's users to be careful and responsible whenever they are online.
Can I opt-out of the Site's data collection and/or distribution?
As noted earlier, the collection, use, and distribution of personal data greatly assist WOR in creating a more personalized, relevant, and intelligent service. Without the use of personal data, WOR could not deliver its valuable content and services in the most beneficial way. Consequently, WOR does ask for the submission of some personal data , although such data submission is not required to use the Site.
Do I have the ability to access and correct my personal information?
At any time, a user may contact the Site via email to request:
a summary of any personal information retained by the Site or WOR
on such user,
a change to the user's personal data record maintained by the Site or
- removal of the user's personal information from the Site's or WOR's database.
Users may send their requests to the following email address
. In the event the Site receives such a request, the Site or WOR may require the user to confirm or verify any change to the user's personal record.
What about the collection of personal data from children?
In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), the WOR will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive information (with parental consent) from users under the age of 13, we will never voluntarily share their personally indentifiable information with third parties, regardless of their stated preference given at registration.
Does WOR share personal information with third parties?
- With respect to obtaining certain products and/or services from this Site, WOR may disclose to a third party certain registration information you have provided to the Site ("Registration Information") so that you do not have to enter your Registration Information more than once. WOR may also disclose your Registration Information to certain third parties in connection with third party programs as described below.
- We may provide your Registration Information to our marketing partners with whom you have explicitly authorized us to share your information, and whose offers you have elected to receive via electronic delivery, telemarketing, and direct mail. Additionally, we may employ other third parties to perform services or functions on our behalf in order to improve our Site, merchandising marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services, or to facilitate e-commerce transactions, including processing orders placed by credit card. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants, and other companies working with us (collectively "agents"). They only have access to your information as needed to perform their functions and they may not use any of your information for any other purpose other than providing or improving the Site's services and offerrings.
- WOR may be obligated to cooperate with various law enforcement agencies or inquiries. WOR reserves the right to share or transfer your Registration Information or other information to comply with a legal requirement, disclose any activities or information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, determine necessary or appropriate, in connection with investigation of fraud, for the administration of justice, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
- WOR discloses personal information in aggregate from third parties or advertisers, in a manner in which you will not be personally identifiable. For example, WOR might tell an advertiser how many males between 40 and 50 years of age have visited the Site over a period of time.
How do I distinguish between advertisements and editorial content?
WOR knows that it is important that you are able to easily differentiate between advertising and independent, editorial content on the Site, thus WOR has developed a policy that ensures that the advertising you see on the Site has no influence on the quality, accuracy, or selection of editorial content that the Site provides.
All advertising on the Site is clearly identifiable. When the Site speaks of "advertising" or "advertisements" , it refers to all forms of advertising, sponsorships and promotions for which WOR receives compensation.
WOR has established guidelines on how it labels advertising so that you will know what is an advertisement and what is editorial content. WOR uses clear and consistent language and visual cues to distinguish advertising from editorial content. You will see the following descriptions on the Site for different types of advertising:
Advertisement: The word "Advertisement" or the phrase "Advertise with Us" is used to label the most common form of advertising on the Site. The content of the banner or similar advertisement itself is controlled by the advertiser. Ads are labeled with the word "Advertisement" or the phrase "Advertise with Us" along the top or bottom of the advertisement.
The fact that an advertisement appears on a page has no bearing or influence on the editorial content on the page outside the labeled advertisement itself. Other content to the page is under WOR's editorial control.
Provided By or Sponsored By: "Provided by" or Sponsored by" are used to identify content that is created or influenced by an advertiser. The Site identifies advertiser influenced content as "Provided by" or "Sponsored by" type advertising so that you can distinguish such content from editorially independent content for which WOR has sole editorial control. You can recognize advertiser influenced content on the Site by use of the "Provided by" or "Sponsored by" label and the name of the advertiser, which will appear in the sponsored content.
What about information I enter into third party programs included in the Site?
Dated: August 19, 2011